We are chugging along on our redesign. Part of me wanted to wait until all ideas and features could be implemented, but being the impatient (or is that in-patient) sort, we rolled out what we had and will be adding new features as they are tested. But I wanted to give you an update and call your attention to a few items!
- The top of the page that says “Hot Trips” will always list our current trips–no more hunting for them!
- We have added an “Other Voices” feed to our side bar which will highlight the latest postings from some seriously interesting sources including Single Mom Seeking, Single Dad, two separate single moms who have decided to travel the world with their kids, a woman’s blog who just was diagnosed with breast cancer and much more!
- Videos! Also on the side bar, we will be updating the site with fun and informative videos we find. Of course if we have a video specific to a trip or a post, we will include it in the actual post!
- Social Networking. We are on Facebook and Twitter? Are you? If so, you can follow and fan us with the links on the side bar as well. We are using Facebook for all of our trips. We create a private (invitation only) group of people that are confirmed on a trip–and they can socialize, exchange information and excitement as the trip nears! I am thrilled with how that is working for us!
- Travel Deals. Many of our readers are upset that our trips never seem to work out with their schedules. We try, but it is difficult to coordinate groups when school calendars are all so different. However, we have created a SEPARATE mailing list if you are looking for travel specials. This will be delivered once a week (first delivery will probably be in September) with independent travel specials and deals. These are reviewed by us and hand picked to be appropriate for single parents. You can sign up for this separate list by scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
And as wrap up our summer season, be sure to check back in a week or so for some new trips–we are looking for a new cruise, a March trip to Mexico, and we will have our Beaches 2011 dates and rates available shortly as well!